Learn how to make a cozy blanket to throw over your couch at home or to give as the perfect gift!
Our instructor, Kayla, will teach the class the concepts of pre-washing, working with difficult fabrics, decorative zig-zag stitching, measuring fabric, cutting fabric and reading patterns. You will leave this class with all of the knowledge you need to finish sewing your own cozy blanket!
Be sure to register for this class at by August 1st. To be prepared to start sewing on the day of class, be sure to pre-wash both fabrics and iron the cotton fabric!
How to pre-wash your fabric:
- Set the washer on the hand-wash cycle
- Put the fabric in the washer without any detergent
- Use cold water for the wash cycle
- Place washed fabric in the dryer
- Iron the cotton fabric after removing it from the dryer
On the day of class please bring:
- 2 Yards of quilting cotton (pattern and color of choice)
- 2 Yards of soft of minky fabric (any color that coordinates with your cotton choice)
- All purpose thread to match your fabric
For more information, or to sign up for this class, please call or visit the customer service desk at our Austintown location.